E-Commerce Writer – Pedestrian Group
Group of pedestrians (Winner – Publisher of the Year, Mumbrella Publish Awards 2021) is seeking a young Firearms Writer to join our growing team of Affiliates. This E-Commerce Writer position will be responsible for the production and optimization of e-commerce content on our seven award-winning websites: PEDESTRIAN.TV, VICE Australia, Business Insider Australia, Lifehacker Australia, Gizmodo Australia, Kotaku Australia and the upcoming Refinery29 Australia launch.
Reporting directly to the Chief Editor – Native and E-Commerce, our dream candidate is a skilled copywriter who knows how to tailor his tone to different brand voices and audience interests, and has extensive knowledge of brands, retailers and some products. You don’t have to be an expert in every category (i.e. tech, style, home, health), but you have to be passionate about some and ready to research and research. learn more about others on a daily basis.
Success in this role is measured by the ability to generate revenue through commercial content that is as comfortable on our sites as unbranded content, and by effectively prioritizing and executing everything from job postings and from product summaries to how-to guides and reviews.
This role is a permanent part-time contract for three consecutive days per week (we can be flexible on days).
The E-Commerce editor should:
- Write business content – including gift guides, offer summaries, and interesting product reviews – across all of the Pedestrian Group sites
- Work in conjunction with our affiliate partners including Amazon, Whistleout and Skimlinks to deliver great and exclusive offers to our readers
- Work in collaboration with our site editors to ensure that all commercial content reflects the overall editorial strategy and its different audiences
- Optimize new and existing content based on market trends, SEO and analytical insights from Amazon Associates, Parse.ly, Google Analytics, etc.
- Track posts in affiliate and audience analytics and apply the learnings to future content production efforts
- Use SEO and keyword trends to help design a content strategy to support key shopping times throughout the year e.g. Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Click Frenzy
- Search the internet for the best deals and the coolest products in a variety of categories
The position requires a person with:
- Experience or strong interest in e-commerce or product writing
- A deep love for shopping, brands, retailers and products
- An appreciation of the importance of quality native content as a service to the reader
- The ability to tailor the tone of writing to suit different audiences across pillars, including technology, culture, lifestyle, and business
- Strong interest or experience in audience growth, conversion and analytics
- Willingness to work weekends and / or evenings as needed, particularly during major business events like Black Friday
- Knowledge of SEO best practices, Yoast and SEMRush preferred
If you would like to join us, send us the following:
- A written cover letter explaining why you would be the right fit for the job (feel free to be creative).
- Your CV
We can’t wait to meet you!
About the Pedestrian Group
Pedestrian Group is Australia’s leading youth-focused publisher, reaching a unique audience of over 4.16 million Aussies per month and over 18-39 years of age than any other publisher. It is home to PEDESTRIAN.TV, VICE Australia, Business Insider Australia, Lifehacker Australia, Gizmodo Australia, Kotaku Australia and the upcoming Refinery29 Australia launch, as well as American Express open-air cinemas. It is 100% owned by Nine, Australia’s largest and most diverse media company.